Monday, February 28, 2011

My Reading Experiments

Well, somedays I leave class thrilled with how my students responded to an activity. Somedays, I walk out thinking, well . . . I made it through. I'm in the process of trying different methods of presenting the reading material to my level B Reading and Vocabulary classes. The traditional, open your book, read the story and answer the comprehension questions hasn't been working so well for me lately.

So, today's approach was to put the story in chunks on the Keynote, and give them questions to answer for each paragraph as they read. I felt that this was slightly more successful, but I could not get them to stop speaking Turkish, and it quickly became a group activity rather than a read and reflect activity. So . . . now I will be brainstorming some new approaches, and hopefully writing about their success! If you have any tried and true methods, please leave them in the comment section! I'd love to hear about them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment